CFEngine has a self-upgrade mechanism for agents, so that when new versions are released, you can simply drop a package into /var/cfengine/master_software_updates on the server, adjust some policy and the agents will self-upgrade. More information is found in the upgrade documentation.
However, the self-upgrade mechanism is currently not supported for the HP-UX platform, so a workaround policy for this is provided here.
Note that this workaround will only work if you upgrade to CFEngine 3.6.6 or later due to hpux changes in update_bins.cf.
- Follow the upgrade documentation to update the masterfiles and hub.
- Add the hpux.cf file (attached to this article) to your update/ directory in masterfiles (location varies by CFEngine version).
- Make sure the CFEngine version in hpux.cf is the version you are upgrading to.
- Open update.cf and include the hpux upgrade policy by adding bundle
"upgrade_to_latest", and policy file"update/hpux.cf".
- Define trigger upgrade as normal to cover hpux also in the upgrade documentation.
You can verify successful upgrade by looking at the Mission Portal inventory report or locally by running /var/cfengine/bin/cf-agent -V.